Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Data Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Design, build, and launch data pipelines to move data across systems and build the next generation of data tools that generate business insights for a product
2. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine workability and to offer support for end users on data usage
3. Design, architect, and develop software and data solutions that help product and business teams make data-driven decisions
4. Rethink and influence strategy and roadmap for building efficient data solutions and scalable data warehouse plans
5. Design, develop, test, and launch new data models and processes into production, and provide support
6. Leverage homegrown extract, transform, and load (ETL) framework as well as off-the-shelf ETL tools, as appropriate
7. Interface closely with data infrastructure, product, and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform ETL and reports generation framework
8. Identify data infrastructure issues and drive to resolution.
9. Telecommuting is permitted from anywhere in the US.
10. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and 12 months of experience in the job offered or in a related occupation. Experience must include 12 months involving the following:
11. Data ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) design, implementation, and maintenance on a large scale
12. Programming in Python, Perl, Java, or PHP
13. Writing SQL statement
14. Analyzing large volumes of data to provide data driven insights, gaps, and inconsistencies
15. Data warehousing architecture and plans
16. Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, dimensional data modeling, or schema design
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.