Ideally located in the heart of everything that makes Richmond a unique and special destination, the Omni Richmond Hotel is known for refined Southern hospitality in an elegant and relaxing setting. Nestled within the historic and vibrant Shockoe Slip district, our guests enjoy a location adjacent to timeless architecture, restaurants, nightlife and the scenic James River. The Omni Richmond is at the very center of Richmond's financial and legislative districts, blocks from the Virginia State Capitol.
Omni Richmond's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Richmond Hotel may be your perfect match.
Restaurant servers ensure that patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Servers work in the front of the business taking orders, serving food and drinks, and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner.
- Provide high quality service to all guests
- Complete all necessary set up, side work and closing duties as assigned
- Check restaurant before, after and during shift for cleanliness and remove any debris
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
- Know any daily features and specials the restaurant is offering
- Use suggestive selling and up sell items to increase the check average of the restaurant
- Take guest orders correctly, read the order back to the guest and ring orders correctly into Micros. Check screen before sending order to make sure any modifications to order are correct.
- Check food presentation before taking the food from the kitchen to the guest. Hot food hot and fresh.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with food quality.
- Make sure check is presented correctly, free from errors and in a timely manner.
- To follow and comply with all cash handling policies and end of shift paperwork
- To follow all policies of work procedures and attendance
- Learn and maintain all information regarding the hotel and engage in pre-shift
- Promote teamwork and friendly safe work environment
- Any other reasonable duties required
- Know all the bar products on offer to the guest
- To make conversation with guests and create a personal conne
- Similar experience preferable.
- The ability to work in a team environment and work flexible shifts.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be Tips and ServSafe Certified prior to working.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links:EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement To apply, go to www.omnihotels.com/careers If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.