Leidos is seeking a Sr. Splunk Systems Engineer who provides expertise to a Security Engineering and Monitoring team tasked with devising and implementing a coherent strategy for infrastructure monitoring and alerting across multiple network environments (including on-premise, cloud and hybrid cloud environments). The ultimate objective of the team is proactive, automatically deployed security and health & status monitoring that sends alerts when potential incidents arise, allowing the appropriate teams to resolve those issues before mission users are affected or systems are compromised. This role supports software systems development in an Agile environment, including documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, verification and validation. The desired candidate demonstrates a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication and business skills. They implement new systems, correct software and configuration issues in existing systems, and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
• Utilize experience with Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
• Developing and implementing solutions to integrate mission application generated data (collected in S3 buckets or stored on a traditional file system) into Splunk indexes
• Developing and implementing solutions to integrate data provided from AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail into Splunk indexes
• Integrating data from other COTS monitoring tools into Splunk
• Analyzing data in Splunk indexes to determine relevant queries to populate specialized reporting dashboards, and modify Splunk Enterprise Security default searches to remove irrelevant alerts
• Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
• Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
• Leverage cloud tools (such as AWS CloudFormation scripts, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
• Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
• Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
• Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
• Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
• In-depth experience with configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Splunk
• Significant experience with getting data from multiple applications indexed into Splunk
• Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with on-prem and cloud environments
• Integration of systems
Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 10-12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
• Experience working on customer systems
• Understanding of customer system development policies
• Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
• Extensive experience with system monitoring COTS products
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.