Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area. More than 125 years later St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved. We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute Norton Thoracic Institute Cancer Center at St. Joseph's Ivy Brain Tumor Center and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics neuro-rehabilitation orthopedics and other medical services. St. Joseph’s is considered a sought-after destination hospital for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day approximately 20 percent of the hospital’s patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Joseph’s.U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition St. Josephs boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital. St. Joseph's is consistently named an outstanding place to work and one of Arizona's healthiest employers.
Come grow your career with one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies.
Look for us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
For the health of our community ... we are proud to be a tobacco-free campus.
We are seeking a PostDoctoral Fellow to join our Program. J-1 research scholars will perform tasks that are consistent with Dignity's J1 "Research Scholar" programs. The specificity of the tasks will be determined by Dignity Health. Under the J-1 program, a research scholar may stay in the U.S. for up to five years. However, Dignity has complete discretion of determining the exact length of any J-1 research scholar's stay in the U.S., including the initial period of stay and whether there will be any subsequent extension.
The J1 scholar will engage in laboratory, translational, or clinical research under the direction and guidance of a faculty member, developing skills necessary for success as an independent investigator.
**Research & Education**
- Learn spinal biomechanics laboratory principles
- Develop sound and reproducible biomechanics laboratory technique
- Take a lead role in spinal biomechanics projects, with primary involvement in data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Provide current clinical insight into study design and interpretation of findings
- Support efforts to seek and apply for external funding
- Submit abstracts to approved spine-related research conferences (SRS, IMAST, NASS, AANS, CNS, AANS-CNS Joint Section on Spine and Peripheral Nerve, SOLAS, ISASS)
- Publish research papers in high impact, peer-reviewed clinical and/or biomechanics journals
- Attend neurosurgical spine radiology rounds weekly
- Attend clinical case conference and Grand Rounds every Friday morning
- Attend neurosurgery Journal Club biweekly
- Attend national or international spine conferences, with goal of presenting original research as well as participating in educational activities
+ PhD., post-baccalaureate M.D. or D.Sc degree or equivalent in a relevant field of endeavor
+ Laboratory or clinical technical and/or interpersonal skills as appropriate
+ Laboratory or clinical research at the post-baccalaureate level with an interest in a faculty member's line of study
+ Familiar with basic computer, mathematical, scientific, reasoning, and oral and written communication skills as appropriate
+ Doctoral degree in a relevant field of endeavor
+ Technical and/or conceptual expertise in a relevant field
+ Beyond minimum required, experience writing research reports concerning own work and familiarity with a biomedical discipline
+ Proficient in basic computer, mathematical, scientific, reasoning, and oral and written communication skills as appropriate
$19.73 - $27.13 /hour
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.