**Type of Requisition:** Regular
**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** None
**Public Trust/Other Required:** BI Full 6C (T4)
**Job Family:** Systems Engineering
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we’re there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world’s biggest challenges - and GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT is looking for a Problem Management Engineer/Analyst for the DHS OBIM program to serve as one of the key member of the Service Delivery Team, aligning the most effective IT resources to the restoration of system and business services, root cause analysis, and problem analytics within ITIL disciplines. The Problem Management Engineer/Analyst will support the program's problem management process and performs analysis on specific incidents to identify root cause. The ideal candidate will project high energy, possess a passion for state-of-the-art technology, and speak comfortably from a technical perspective to a diverse audience: clients, partners, vendors, and across the GDIT team, both technical and non-technical. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Enhance problem analytics, specifically in root cause, data analysis, and problem trending
• Adhere to Incident & Problem Resolution processes, focusing on Major Incidents (Severity 1 and 2)
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams & vendors for quality root cause analysis
• Perform trend analysis of important services or historical incidents
• Record, manage, and advance problems by escalating (when appropriate) to an elevated levels
• Optimize Problem Management to deliver quality outcomes that lead to high levels of customer satisfaction
• Maintain appropriate Problem Management training material and process documentation
• Serve as a strong proponent of excellence in customer service
• Track and document all problem incidents
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• BA/BS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience
**• Demonstrated record of sound judgment/reasoning skills**
**• Understanding Service Now to support Problem Management**
**• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills**
**• Excellent technical writing skills**
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain/maintain Final Suitability
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ Degree in computer engineering, systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
• 5+ years of directly related experience
• 3+ years IT problem management experience
• ITIL v3 or v4 certification - Foundations, Problem Management
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.