PROGRAM COUNSELOR, UNIT B - INSIGHT
Full-Time, 72 Hours per pay period, Days
Responsible for quality patient care by providing supervision and guidance for the patients as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic patient environment.
The Nurse Manager. Clinical supervision for the Program Counselor is provided by the Registered Nurse.
Provide care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians and/or registered nurses.
- Provide on-going support, supervision and guidance for patients
- M aintain a safe and therapeutic patient care environment
- Ensure patient's basic needs are met.
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to nursing
Career Path for the Role?
- Can grow with further education to a Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist
- When eligible may take the national Psychiatric Technician certification exam that qualifies for the annual certification bonus and furthers professional growth
There are Senior PC and PC Team Leaders positions that can be applied for after appropriate experience is obtained.
Important Behavioral Traits:
- Compassion & Empathy
- Interpersonal communication & relationship skills
- Observational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Preferred: Bachelors in psychology, sociology, social services, anthropology, theatre, liberal arts majors, biology/pre-med (or working towards it); some postsecondary educational experience
High School/GED Required. Bachelors or working toward a degree in psychology or social services preferred. Experience working with child and /or adolescent population, knowledge of development stages.