Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Overnight Engineer will ensure that the hotel property is properly cared for and well maintained and reflects an image of outstanding quality. Responsible for responding to guest calls on the overnight shift. The engineer will fix minor issues and repairs, as well as, respond to guest calls for maintenance in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Respond and attend to guest room repair requests
- Respond and attend to hotel alarms.
- Fix plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging/repairing toilets, repairing toilets, leaking spigots, faucets, pipe valves and related equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance with tools on laundry and kitchen equipment including cleaning and lubrication, filter changes, belt adjustment, etc.
- Maintain daily shift logs of operation, maintenance, pool, spa, and safety activities. Order necessary tools and equipment; maintain necessary stock items.
- This job description is not all inclusive of other job duties or tasks. Other duties are assign to this position.
- Must be a ble to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighting less than or equal to 50 lbs.
- Must be a ble to move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Must be a ble to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people (colleagues, guests, vendors etc.) in English.
- Must be knowledgeable about using hand tools, power tools, and trade tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of general maintenance and repairs in at least one building trade.
- Must be familiar with OSHA Safety regulations.
- Must be available to work flexible full time schedule including weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Must be reliable, able to work independently, and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Prior hospitality experience is preferred (or a very closely related industry with similar clientele/needs).