Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Black Swan Bartender will provide efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean professional appearance. Ensuring service bar and bar guests are satisfied in a prompt, timely manner.
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs and respond to guest inquiries or requests.
- Must have full knowledge of food and beverage offerings.
- Monitor and maintain bar cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bar area.
- Properly provide silverware and condiments prior to food being presented at bar area.
- Clean and resetting of bar area as guests depart or preparation of drink is completed.
- Proper bar setup and break down.
- Triple sink procedures.
- Communicate with management, kitchen staff, and serving staff professionally at all times.
- Contributes to a professional workplace that maximized employee moral, productivity and effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff.
- Ensures responsible service of alcohol by following all legal requirements including carding and consumption.
- Accurately takes food and beverage orders from guests and promptly records all transactions in Micros system. Maintains guest tabs and processes payment promptly.
- Monitors pars.
- Must have experience selling/up selling.
- Must have knowledge of wine, spirits and beer.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Minimum 1 year bartending experience required in a high volume casual/sports bar environment.
- Developed knowledge of wine, spirits, and beer, to including appropriate pours and mixology
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, in person and on the phone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift in indoor/outdoor environments.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .