Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
The primary responsibility of this position is monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. The hostess is responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations, assist the Server's and DRA's, moving tables together to accommodate large parties and keeping the Host/Hostess stand and entrance clean and tidy. Greet every guest in a enthusiastic manor and warm farewell while inviting the guest back.
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Seat guests at appropriate tables as per the seating chart
- Provide guests with menus
- Organize and prepare reservations
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs, and respond to guest inquiries or requests
- Answers telephones with enthusiasm and in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure restaurant is set to proper lighting upon opening
- Communicate with all guests to ensure quality satisfaction with food and beverage service
- Clean and reset tables as required
- Communicate with management, kitchen staff, and serving staff to ensure effective customer flow
- With assistance from the management team plan parties and special events
- Performs additional responsibilities although not detailed, as requested by a manager
- Follows daily checklists and side work. Set-ups, stocks and breakdown of service and dining room following procedures. Completes all assigned cleaning duties. Complies with direction and instruction from the management team.
- Contributes to a professional workplace that maximizes employee moral, productivity and effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff
- Attends staff meetings to receive information and direction
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Must be able to work under moderate supervision
- Must have an unexpired tips certification
- Maintains a clean and professional image at all times
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Speaks to guests with enthusiasm at all times
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality
- Experience in a hospitality industry in similar position
- Participate in a team oriented working environment
- Must have knowledge of the floor plan and table numbers as outlined in training
- TIPS Certification prior to hire
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .