Since the opening of the first Bob's Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas in 1993, the name "Bob's" has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience.
Building on the reputation earned in the original Dallas location, Bob's now has restaurants nationwide. Each Bob's has created a fine reputation of its own by tightly adhering to the high standards created at the first Bob's.
All locations are examples of the traditional American Prime Steakhouse, combining simple elegance, a lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood.
Reviewers have called Bob's the best in town. Others rank us among the best in the country. At Bob's, guests will enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name "Bob's Steak & Chop House".
Bob's Steak & Chop House located in the Omni Amelia Island Resort is the twelfth location nationwide. With locations in Texas, Arizona, California, Tennessee and now Florida, Bob's continues to be a growing brand.
Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized. The execution of all Bob's Steak & Chop House located in the Omni Amelia Island Resort and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary controls. To advise the General Manager on all matters relating to the kitchen area. In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Director, Executive Steward, ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- To assist the General Manager in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Agree with other Food and Beverage Department managers on the market potential for food outlets relating to the market competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, adhere to all Bob's Steak & Chop House Standard Recipes and design the daily features in conjunction with the Bob's standards, including design, creating suitable dishes and passing standards recipes to the General Manager for costing.
- To work with the Food and Beverage Director with capital expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under production.
- To create recipes and production methods.
- To compile new banquet menus when required.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors food production/offering.
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary competitions.
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling and controlling overtime.
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in conjunction with personnel and the General Manager.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried out!
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial relations.
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general correspondence/filing and records.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within the hotel.
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the food and beverage department.
- To conduct/attend all required department meetings.
- Candidate is required to have at least 4 years previous culinary management experience in a high volume, fine dining restaurant operation; steakhouse experience preferred.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Ensure that all health standards are consistently maintained
- Ensure all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Experience managing payroll and schedules required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
- Serve Safe certified food manager.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. Must be able to push and pull carts and items weighing up to 75 lbs. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting. Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commericial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.