Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
For this position, we are looking for experienced individual contributors who will help elevate the practice of research with creative but rigorous qualitative, quantitative, and/or design research methods. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, and a great collaborator. Specifically, you will support the AI research and development team and be at the center of influencing future AI enabled products.
1. Orchestrate strategic visioning and analytical activity, moving between macro trends and micro trends and developing substantiated POV's for AI related topics
2. Partner with design, engineering and research peers to develop AI use cases that start with people's needs at the center and demonstrate Facebook AI technology
3. Help AI research team develop easy to use development tools and interfaces
4. Work with the AI design team to build awareness, familiarity and preference for AI technology
5. Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to AI insights
6. Design and execute custom research to support the objectives of responsible AI and meet the needs of people on Facebook
7. Employ innovative research methods that lead to key insight
8. Understand and define our opportunities to ensure ethical and transparent experiences for all Facebook AI products
9. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners (e.g., Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering, Data Science)
10. Communicate effectively to drive action and inspire new ideas
11. Work collaboratively with other UX researchers to leverage and build upon knowledge
12. BA/BS in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field
13. 3+ years of experience in applied product research
14. Experience with qualitative, quantitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
15. Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
16. 8+ years of overall experience
17. MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, etc.)
18. Experience conducting research for global products
19. Experience with survey design and response effects
20. Experience coding, PHP, SQL and Python
21. Experience with applied statistics
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.