Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Mission Control is the organization that plans and shapes Facebook’s evolving technical workforce. The Tech Education and Training team within Mission Control supports the Engineering organization by building the ongoing technical and cultural learning strategy for engineers at Facebook.
We're looking for a Program Manager to develop and own comprehensive extended onboarding strategies that will impact company priorities and objectives. The Program Manager will collaborate closely with Engineering, Engineering leadership and other cross-functional partners including Learning Experience, HR, Learning & Development, People Growth, D&I and Learning Operations to implement strategies to support extended onboarding in our engineering organization.
1. Serve as a strategic partner to engineering leaders and stakeholders to develop comprehensive extended onboarding strategies for our engineering organization.
2. Responsible for macro-level extended onboarding initiatives and measuring the impact to the overall engineering organization.
3. Oversee technical training initiatives and programs from development through successful execution in partnership with the Content Program Manager.
4. Collaborate with tooling and learning operations groups to develop efficient solutions and processes.
5. Inform and influence leaders using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions, with a deep understanding of business needs.
6. Partner and drive consensus and decision making across all levels, locations, and cross-functional partners.
7. Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities.
8. Collaborate closely with engineering teams and partners in different locations, to drive high-impact projects to successful completion.
9. Use cross-functional knowledge and partnerships to identify issues, trends and perspectives that may influence our long-term technical training strategies.
10. Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution.
11. Create, uphold, and communicate detailed project plans and status updates throughout all phases of project development.
12. Identify and communicate frequently all risks and changes to the program and regularly update stakeholders on issue resolution.
13. Partner professionally and effectively with many areas of the company, including: Learning Experience, Onboarding, HR, People Growth, Learning & Development, Learning Operations, Tooling, D&I, Engineering and Engineering Leadership.
14. 5+ years program/project management experience
15. 2+ years of experience with data management, reporting and validation
16. Experience building out programming in an organization where scaling for growth has been a feature
17. Experience working with people of all levels, including executive and C-suite. Experience working with highly technical management teams
18. Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
19. Proven experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders across time zones
20. Developed data-driven program strategies and utilized data to drive change
21. Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and being keen in identifying problems and proactively work towards solution
22. Experience with Design Thinking
23. Adaptable and resilient when faced with conflicting priorities
24. Exceptional communication skills (presentation) exhibited at all levels within an organization
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.