Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for guiding guests on the Bretton Woods Slopeside Climbing Wall. This activities presents a unique opportunities for visitors to Omni Mount Washington Resort. It will run year round and provide thrills and adventure for a range of ages.
- Greet guests and give an introductory orientation talk.
- Inspect and prepare guide equipment, guest equipment, and Slopeside Climbing Wall daily.
- Complete daily inspection and operations checklists.
- Inform Climbing Programs Director of any maintenance needs on the Slopeside Climbing Wall.
- Give an introductory talk describing what guests should expect on the Slopeside Climbing Wall.
- Ensure that all procedures covered in the climbing wall training are followed.
- Coach guests on techniques that will enhance their enjoyment and safety.
- Provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for resort guests.
- Experience as a naturalist or outdoor recreation guide.
- Ability to safely and comfortably climb 5.8 on an indoor climbing wall.
- Certification as an AMGA Climbing Wall Instructor is highly desired.
- Strong leadership and teaching skills.
- Ability and comfort working at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Wilderness First Aid or higher preferred.
- Ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to complete all of the skills and tasks covered in training, including providing a concise and informative orientation talk, and following normal operating procedures, and rescue skills.
- Experience with ski area operations or ability to operate four wheel drive and/or other equipment.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.