Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
The Children's Program Trainer will work with the Director and Training Supervisor to create a training program that will address the needs of the Children's staff needs and scheduling needs.
- Provide the best guest service based on Omni Service Standards.
- Have a clear understanding of all resort and ski school policies and procedures based on Omni resorts standards and associate handbook.
- The person for this position should have 5 years of experience as an instructor with a PSIA level 2 certification and a Children's Specialist 1 designation
- In cooperation with Director and trainers, provide training theme for the season and topics for each session.
- Clearly understand and be able to train staff in the cognitive, affective and physical needs of children ages 3-12 years old.
- Understand and able to train based on current teaching and skiing models based on the PSIA manuals.
- Train staff using a fun, game and activity approach to teaching the fundamental movements of skiing.
- Train students and staff while maintaining a calm and respectful demeanor.
- Promote training within the Ski School and Hobbit building and locker room.
- Work with Training Supervisor to track training using the RTP computer program.
- Demonstrate all the skills necessary to conduct a lesson as described in the ski instructor job description.
- Train other trainers to conduct training with all associates.
Tools & Equipment: Computer windows based programs, RTP, email, Telephone.
Subject to working in a crowded, fast paced environment, long periods of walking and standing, indoors and outdoors, with adverse weather conditions
- Coaching, teaching, and/or instructing prior experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be available on all school vacation weeks throughout the season.
- Must have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Payroll and scheduling experience highly preferred.
- Prior Ski Resort experience highly preferred.
- Event planning experience preferred.
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.