Join our team to support our communities in Houston, TX!
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Provides assistance to Health and Wellness Directors to manage the day-to-day healthcare operations to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change. Works within a regional area or market to support multiple communities. Coordinates with the District Director, Clinical Services to determine schedule and visits according to specific community needs. Once inside a community, serves as an assistant to Health & Wellness Director.
1. Works with community HWD and HWC to manage the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates.
2. Identifies communities where additional clinical resources are necessary. Prioritizes schedule for best use of support within assigned communities.
3. Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents as needed. As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional and psycho-social status of residents. Initiates individualized service plans, and proactively manages care and services for each resident.
4. Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and notifies executive director, physician, and resident’s legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and reactions. Prepares Physician Visit Form and reviews and updates resident chart.
5. Contributes to the supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff, medication technicians/CMA's, and Resident Care Associates.
6. Provides training and education to resident care associates on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific training.
7. Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by care giving staff.
8. Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services.
9. Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed.
10. Participates in department quality improvement activities.
11. Keeps the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers’ Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated.
12. Supports other requirements within the region as assigned.
_This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor._
**Education and Experience**
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN). Nurse management, senior living, or post-acute care experience preferred. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of personal computing and word processing software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
**Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements**
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
**Knowledge and Skills**
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
**Physical Demands and Working Conditions**
+ Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
+ Reach with hands and arms
+ Climb or balance
+ Talk or hear
+ Taste or smell
+ Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
+ Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
+ Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
+ On-Call on an as needed basis
+ Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
+ Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
+ Exposure to latex
+ Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
+ Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
+ Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
+ Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
**Schedule: Regular Full-Time**