**Type of Requisition:** Regular
**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** None
**Public Trust/Other Required:** NACI (T1)
**Job Family:** Database Analysis/Design
+ Works with Senior Data Engineer to support ETL (Extract Transform and Load) Data harmonization, data modeling, and reporting of different research programs on computational and curated data from source system to dev/staging/production environments.
+ Maintain, Develop and Supports Existing ETL, SQL code and Data support to enhance data quality, improve source cleansing efforts with Data source owners, validation, code performance enhancement and configuration to enable CI/CD readiness.
+ Participates in Agile ritual meetings. Thrive in an autonomous environment surrounded by unsolved unique Research environment problems.
+ Position supports Data Engineering and Management for applications that are developed in-house that are both public and intranet facing.
+ Approximately 20+ databases, data repository and multiple web applications that serve to either showcase scientific data via dashboards or curate scientific data.
+ Position will work on following tools and technology: Jenkins, Slack, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, MYSQL, PGSQL, MongoDB, Pentaho, Power Designer, Flat files, JSON, Qlik Sense, Microsoft Teams, VDI among others.
**Day to Day**
1. Assist in maintaining and managing existing datahub ETL on Pentaho Data Integration.
2. Create and modify ETL pipelines, SQL code, Data profiling. (adding or changing environmental variables, testing steps, or build steps, etc)
3. Work with cross functional team teams in application development supporting data needs on Datamart for assigned project.
4. Documentation of processes, individual project requirements, SOP development and cross training to enhance multi-functional knowledge share.
5. Automate Data Capture and Data refresh processes to reduce time to process and deploy data to increase efficiency and expand capability of the team.
6. Troubleshooting any data issues on source, translation, data repo or DataMart, research issue, find root cause, report the issue to Data lead, and look for solutions.
1. Must be able to have a Government Furnished Equipment (GFE Computer), access to the EPA VPN, and access to a VDI Pro machine furnished by VDI.
2. Must be able to attain a background investigation that will enable the candidate to have a security clearance capable of administering systems that are critical to CCTE busines and mission.
3. 4-year degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
4. Minimum 5-year experience with ETL (Extract Transform and Load) platform such as Pentaho, Informatica or Data Stage.
5. Minimum 5-year experience with SQL Development and Data Management and Modeling.
6. Minimum 3-year experience with basic linux administration skills for ETL applications to manage, execute and schedule ETL applications.
7. Minimum 3-year experience in an Agile development such as scrum or Kanban
8. Minimum 3-year experience with source code version control management, code merging, Git. and bitbucket
9. Experience with open source tools and open to learning new tools sets. In most cases there is not a support mechanism in place except for reading the documentation.
Nice to have
1. Experience with Database Administration and basic Linux administration needed for DBA.
2. Experience with reporting platforms like tableau, Qlik and POWERBI.
3. Experience with automated data integration and data validation.
4. Experience with Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.