Barton Creek Country Club's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club's members and maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
The Lifeguard Instructor role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations. The Lifeguard Instructor works to create guests for life, by proactively embracing the service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
- Successfully complete the Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program and ongoing training requirements.
- Maintain continuous observation of pool, deck, and surrounding areas to ensure apparent safety hazards are reported and corrected promptly.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility and pool areas; acts as immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patron's events of emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility/pool area.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports and daily log of events.
- Handle or refer other problems and situations as they arise within the facility to the Recreation Manager.
- Prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Work both independently and in team procedures.
- Ensure that all opening and closing duties are completed.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire/uniform and name tag when working.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled along with department staff.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program certification preferred, or must be willing to obtain upon hire.
- Current CPR/AED Certification or must obtain upon hire.
- Previous lifeguard experience is preferred.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and management.
- Scheduling flexibility, including willingness to work some weekends and holidays.