Austin Hotel at Southpark
Just moments away from the excitement of downtown Austin, the State Capitol and the 6th Street Entertainment District; the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark is an exciting place to work. With a premier location in the heart of a world-renowned city, the Omni Southpark is at the center of it all.
Omni Southpark's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Southpark may be your perfect match.
To be directly responsible for the performance of the Room Division which covers Front Desk, Housekeeping, PBX, Laundry, Loss Prevention, and Guest Services operations.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates and valet parking operations along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping/laundry functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeeping associates and a stable work force
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Oversight of the Loss Prevention team
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Assists in the direction of the property operations in General Manager's absence
- Position requires a minimum of five years progressive experience in Rooms Management. Must have experience in all areas of the Rooms function, with previous leadership positions in both Front Office and Housekeeping. Must have experience in an upscale full service hotel.
- College degree preferred.
- Mastery level understanding of forecasting, scheduling, payroll, associate relation matters, service recovery, budgeting, managing inventories, cost control, daily reviews and analysis of operating results required.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff. Ability to effectively mentor key leadership positions, to include department heads and assistant managers.
- Developed computer proficiencies, with a strong working knowledge of Excel and Micros, OPERA experience a plus.
- Able to set priorities for the Rooms leadership team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on all assigned items, including guest requests and questions.
- Ability to work well under pressure, think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time. The ability to lift up to 40 pounds and push/pull/carry up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
End of Job Description