Overview Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
To maximize hotel's cash flow earnings through aggressive credit and collection policies.
- Manage hotel's credit and collection function.
- Assist with billing and customer service functions.
- Reference and approve all credit applications as to minimize collection risk.
- Efficiently manage accounts receivable in order to maximize cash flow.
- Establish sound credit policies and procedures and monitor adherence.
- Utilize available resources to increase accounts receivable turnover, collection period, and minimize accounts receivable balance through: aggressive advance deposit policies, timely and accurate initial billings, as well as 10-20 day follow up calls.
- Hold monthly credit meetings.
- Increase communication with all involved parties in the credit process (Sales, Catering, Reservations and Front Desk).
- Familiarization with state tax laws and tax exempt status reporting.
- Ensure daily posting of Accounts Receivable payments received from the lock box and maintain an up to date file for payment batches.
- Review and examine check out with balance accounts daily to ensure and enforce hotel's credit policy.
- Previous hotel accounting experience and at least 2 years in accounts receivable.
- Strong computer and phone skills preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sales tax laws and tax exempt status reporting.
- Advance experience in Credit and deposit policies and procedures preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .