Overview Chicago Hotel
Sweet Home for sure... Chicago, the third largest city in the US, is second to none with its stunning architecture and lake front beauty. There is something for everyone in Chi-Town; world class music, theater, dining, museums, sports and shopping to name a few. The 4 star Omni Chicago sits on the world famous Mag Mile amongst high end retail stores and close to many of the most popular tourist attractions in Chicago. We are known for our quality and exceptional service. We only hire only the best to ensure we continue our longstanding tradition.
Omni Chicago's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Chicago Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Chicago Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Loss Prevention Manager will be responsiblefor directing and overseeing the day to day functions of the
security department, including protection of hotel guests, associates and property.
- Ensures all Security standards are properly followed.
- Reviews all reports completed by Security officers to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Reports all observed hotel property deficiencies and safety hazards.
- Ensures thorough and complete investigation for all incidents incurred by guests and associates (i.e. losses, thefts, accidents, and acts of violence).
- Maintains guest room surveillance procedures.
- Maintains an effective key control program.
- Ensures that shift personnel are properly assigned at all times.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Must have 2+ years experience in Loss Prevention/Security Management role.
- Experience in Loss Prevention in an upscale establishment preferred.
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred
- Proven professionalism with guests and associates required
- Experience with and familiarity with OSHA standards required
- Previous experience with training and maintenance of safety standards
- Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.