Overview Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
To oversee and provide support of all onsite Information Technology needs on property.
- Maintain all onsite systems and ensure that systems are being integrated according to Corporate Standards.
- Ensure that IT systems and controls are in place to comply with corporate policy and procedures in maintaining compliance with PCI standards, backup policies, and other Corporate IT Standards.
- Facilitate key communication between IT and other departments when emergencies arise maintain ability to be flexible to company needs during emergency situations.
- Encourage and maintain open and clear communication, rapport and cooperation with all internal departments to foster best possible service to all guests.
- Resolve difficult or unusual problems arising with guests or internal customers.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to apprise property on any special events occurring within the IT Department.
- Act as coach and teacher and positive role model for associates and colleagues.
- Attend hotel operational meetings, IT departmental meetings, and associate-related events.
- Assist in monitoring all computer systems within the organization that are operational throughout an associate's workday
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in a methodical and thorough manner.
- Provide support on all computer systems within the organization
- Perform diagnosis on system problems; recommend and implement solution; or draw upon other resources and/or vendors to resolve issues
- Perform routine maintenance functions, including audits and system maintenance
- Troubleshoot wide area network problems
- Assist in administration of networks
- Installation and troubleshooting applications
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with support in MDF and all IDFs throughout the property
- Provide support for guest room network.
- Associate's degree in Information Technology or related and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external guests
- Basic knowledge in hardware trouble shooting, software installation, telephone and voicemail system installation.
- Experience in a networked computer environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of wireless (Wi-Fi) systems
- Previous Hotel or Resort experience desired.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Extensive computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Kronos and Birchstreet software highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Minimum of five years of Customer Service preferably in a professional services environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs, sit or stand for long periods of time, push, occasionally pull or lift 25 to 30 Ilbs.
- Must have full range of motion of both arms and hands.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .