Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is hiring a Lead Cook for the Maple Street Cafe in the Corporate headquartes in Dallas, TX. The Line Cook position will prepare and cook all menu items according to Omni specifications and standards and work in conjunction with all line cooks to ensure the safe and clean function of the kitchen.
• Communication with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and complete a daily prep list.
• Performing work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
• Being knowledgeable of all stations in the kitchen.
• Being knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
• Communication and working with the culinary team to coordinate all hot and cold foods.
• Communication of all food items needed for current and future shifts.
• Maintain sanitation standards as communicated by health department.
• Maintain cleanliness of work area and shared kitchen spaces.
• Preparing culinary dishes to Omni standard and executing F&B orders in a timely manner.
• Completing any other assignments as assigned by Kitchen Management.
• Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained. Create memorable, wow experiences for each and every guest.
• Candidates must have a Culinary degree and one year of culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant, or two years of culinary experience without a degree.
• Strong background in prep, hot line and cold line necessary.
• Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
• The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
• Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
• Able to maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
• Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance. Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including night and overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Must live within 100 miles of the hotel location.