Location Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Guest Room Attendant is responsible to ensure that cleanliness in assigned guest rooms is achieved in accordance with Omni standards.
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Responds to all guest requests appropriately and remains alert, courteous, and helpful to guests and fellow associates at all times.
- Keep work cart orderly and properly stocked at all times.
- Inspect room linens before placing in rooms.
- Checks all equipment prior to and after its use to ensure that it is in good working order and if necessary completes required engineering report as needed.
- Thorough cleanliness and sanitation of guest rooms (including bathrooms, balconies, and room furnishings).
- Practice safety standards at all times including constant awareness of safety hazards (for example, broken glass, frayed electrical chords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons) and report to the appropriate departments.
- Follow all training procedures set forth by OSHA requirements.
- Follow all Loss Prevention procedures regarding guest property; absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
- Reports to work on time and according to posted schedule; follows procedures for clocking in and out, completion of time edit sheets, and PTO request forms, if applicable.
- Cross-training in proper floor care techniques and guestroom turndown standards.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Attend monthly departmental meetings
- Vacuum cleaner, mop, broom, sponges, dust cloths, etc.
- Assorted cleaning chemicals as outlined in MSDS manuals
- Housekeeping cart/caddy
- Telephone and radio
- Housekeeping experience desirable
- Neat and pleasant personality
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read room numbers, dates, and basic instructions