Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Meticulously manage and oversee the Group Reservation process. Assist the Director of Revenue Management and Reservations Manager in daily duties including answering phones, filing and computer work.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Able to prioritize and organize work.
- Make / Change / Cancel reservations.
- Liaise with Sales Team and Convention Services in coordinating group bookings
- Handle mail / correspondence.
- Process confirmations as needed.
- Enter/maintain Group blocks in the PMS system.
- Input group blocks in Epitome within 24 hours of receipt following the LSOP on building group blocks.
- Maintenance of group blocks to release room types not required as rooms pickup.
- Upkeep and maintenance of complete detailed group files for every documentation regarding the group from the contract to the group resume.
- Verification of the VIP, ETA, billing, arrival and departure dates, room types based upon group resumes prior to the weekly revenue meeting.
- Ensure that group blocks, group lists, group billing and cutoff dates are maintained.
- Process Rooming Lists accurately and in a timely manner.
- Check rooming list for accuracy.
- Pre-block all group needs for suites or connecting rooms.
- Ensure all group billing, routing, master accounts, A/R accounts are set in compliance with Omni SOP's.
- Follow all Omni Credit Policies.
- Control suite inventory and specialty rooms according to suite request policy.
- Monitor group pickup and advise DORM if group should be re-forecasted.
- Report to the DORM any changes in group pickup that would affect selling strategies.
- Adhere to the selling strategies set by the DORM..
- Check Daily arrivals to ensure accurate reservations.
- Attend Pre-Convention Meetings, Resume Meetings, Group Pick up Meetings and Reservations Departmental meetings.
- Minimum 6 months front office or reservations experience required. Experience in hotel operations in other areas (rooms, accounting, sales/marketing) of greater duration will be considered.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Must be able to analyze situations and make concise decisions that meet and exceed the expectations of the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail is required to minimize reservation errors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on all assigned items, including guest requests and questions.
- Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .