Summary The City of Asheville is dedicated to providing quality service for the residents and visitors of our beautiful city, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. Asheville, NC is a thriving mountain city that has a culture enriched in diversity.
The City of Asheville values and respects a diverse community, workforce and ideas, and is committed to promoting an equitable, fair, and just employment environment. Our organization seeks to create and provide access and opportunities to employees, residents and visitors to fulfill their potential through inclusive engagement practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.We invite you to apply to join our team as a full-time Laborer within the Community and Economic Development Department, US Cellular Center.
The role of this position is to perform as a skilled or unskilled laborer on a construction crew, maintenance crew or custodial crew.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides routine custodial services.
- Picks up debris and refuse.
- Provides event support setting up tables, chairs and/or staging.
- Provides weather related maintenance.
- Responds to requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Uses courteous mannerisms when addressing public or clients.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Education & Experience Required Education & Experience:
Licensing and Certifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
- Custodian and/or event set-up experience a plus!
- Requires training in workplace safety and blood borne pathogens. Training provided by employer.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Working Conditions Knowledge:
Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of learned procedures, practices, routines to deal effectively with routine work.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand basic workplace data, such as simple forms, tables, graphs, schedules, etc.
- Ability to conduct basic research of existing, internal policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written form.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
- Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.
- Frequent physical effort is required.