Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck and bar in addition to our signature restaurant, Achie's, serving Southern-inspired fare and craft beer.
To supervise the day-to-day operation of the department for a given shift. To control and distribute operating equipment, maintenance of cleaning and sanitation standards, supervision of all utility, pot washer, dishwasher, and worker assignment tasks.
- Responsible for all personnel under his/her supervisor.
- Maintains required standards of sanitation and cleanliness.
- Make shift report as required by the Executive Steward.
- Responsible for the proper cleaning, rack and distribution of all china, silver and glassware.
- Minimize breakage of circulating equipment.
- Support Executive Steward in equipment inventory.
- Revise daily banquet event order (BEO) for changes.
- Candidate is required to have at least 1 year stewarding experience, preferably in a hotel environment, and/or 6 months hotel supervisory experience.
- Previous leadership experience and/or responsibilities are preferred.
- Ability to set priorities for assigned areas/staff and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Ability to teach employees importance of/and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests.
- Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to maintain 4-Diamond level cleanliness standards.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, carry and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move, push, pull objects weighing up to 100 lbs. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires repetitive motion, with frequent bending, twisting and reaching overhead.
- Valid Food Safety Certification is required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .