Location Severin Hotel
Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
Responsible for coordinating the execution of our events in our multiple private event rooms. You will be responsible for motivating and leading our team of banquet servers, bartenders, and set up staff to ensure our members and guests expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet function.
- Effectively supervise the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Coordinating every aspect of the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department.
- Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws.
- Must assist/conduct all designated staff/pre-function meetings.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively
- Must be willing to adapt to different climate changes in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- This position will be working with Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Must be a team player.
- Possess a "Can Do" attitude.
- Must have 3-4 year Banquets experience, at least 1 of those years in a luxury hotel.
- Must have experience in handling beverages.
- Must have flexible availability including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to deal with cash and coin transactions.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to safely carry loads of 60+ pounds and safely handle carts with heavy loads in narrow spaces.
- Must be able to work on their feet for long hours and walk long distances while performing his/her duties.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .