Overview La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
Ensure total guest satisfaction for all group-related functions and achieve budgeted catering and banquet food & beverage revenues.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing, and directing the activities of the Senior Convention Services Manger, Convention Services Manager, Convention Services Coordinator, Catering Managers and Catering Assistant.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed by department personnel.
- Responsible for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for personnel in the department.
- Responsible for the overall condition of each function room and all Convention Service equipment.
- Provides the necessary training, motivation, and leadership for all department personnel.
- Participates in the final interview process and is responsible for hiring all departmental personnel.
- Ensures that all procedures, policies, and guidelines, as established by Omni Hotel, are being followed by department personnel.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Catering & Convention Services Department.
- Establishes and maintains efficient office procedures to facilitate the smooth operation of the department.
- Ensure catering and banquet sales meet budgeted levels.
- Ensure smooth flow of information (communication) from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Division
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of comfort with Banquet operations.
- Forecasts public room income and meeting covers on an annual/quarterly/monthly basis.
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies/procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Catering & CS Managers on monthly/quarterly basis
- Attends daily RevMax and weekly and Marketing meetings.
- Attends extended Executive Operating Committee Meetings.
- Tours, on a daily basis, the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups.
- Ensures that all function space in the hotel is well presented and maintains a scheduled cleaning program for each function room.
- Ensures that all equipment used in the department is in good order, and uses preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment.
- Ensures that the desired level of quality is maintained in all meeting room sets on a continuing basis.
- Ensures that all file turnover requirements (from Sales to Convention Services) are fulfilled.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination of the Hotel Function Books.
- Advises hotel department heads of special requirements of groups coming into the hotel.
- Reviews, on a daily basis, information entered into the Convention Services Department Daily Log and takes necessary steps to alleviate problems noted in the log.
- Attends out-of-hotel meetings as required.
- Establishes a rapport with individuals in similar positions at other hotels.
- Conducts weekly department meetings.
Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Must have at least o ne/two years overall experience in Director of Convention Services at a high volume luxury resort and three/four years in banquets and catering.
End of Job Description