Overview Jacksonville Hotel
The Omni Jacksonville Hotel is a warm, elegant oasis of luxury and superlative service. Relax in guest room accommodations featuring contemporary comfort and enjoy a host of amenities designed to make your visit unforgettable. This four-diamond luxury hotel is in the heart of downtown and just steps away from the Jacksonville Landing Riverfront Marketplace, where art, music and shopping thrive. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the St. Johns River and take in the best of Florida at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel.
Omni Jacksonville's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Jacksonville Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide proper training and supervision of all personnel including supervisors and line level associates. To insure prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. To ensure the overall success of the restaurant by guest satisfaction surveys and utilizing financial controls.
- To consistently insure the maximum guest satisfaction while dining in the restaurant.
- Pre-meal meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis.
- Supervision of floor during operation.
- Insure that service personnel follow service protocol including steps of service.
- Monitor timing of guest experience.
- Handle all complaints to the guests' satisfaction.
- Maintain a consistently smooth running operation.
- Ensure the side-stations are fully stocked with equipment.
- All side-work complete and checked out by the manager.
- Making sure the beverage machines are functioning properly.
- Ensure station rotation in seating.
- Assist in seating or service of guests as necessary.
- Coordinate all functions in dining room during service.
- Monitor productivity of service staff.
- Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Making sure special boards and/or descriptions posted accurately.
- Continuously check food quality and presentation coming from kitchen.
- Maintain food displays during service.
- Monitor guest satisfaction and comments regarding food and service.
- To be familiar with clients so that there is constant recognition of all repeat guests.
- Review reservations on a daily basis and check against the VIP list from the front desk.
- All special attention details handled properly.
- Maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Ensure the staff's uniforms and appearances meet specifications.
- Make sure tabletops are set to specifications, and during service, constantly inspect tabletops, side-stations and tray stands.
- All menus inspected daily by hostess.
- Make sure all equipment in good condition and clean.
- Make sure work areas are being maintained neat, orderly and clean.
- All lights and music adjusted appropriately for each meal period.
- To contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness.
- Constantly perform positive up-selling techniques with service staff.
- Expedite table turnover and table resetting.Implement sales promotions and merchandising programs.
- Be familiar with all beverage-related procedures and equipment and assist the cashier when needed.
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Be familiar with and enforce all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned and/or required by management.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Previous Restaurant Supervision or equivalent experience preferred
- Flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Understanding of financial statements and labor productivity
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .