Job Code: 00062-19808
Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's services, including "home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. As part of Trident Health, Summerville Medical Center has earned recognition as a leader in the delivery of healthcare in the Lowcountry.
We are searching for a new Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety to serve as an inspiring leader who provides strategic, operational, and thought leadership to support the Trident Health, Summerville Medical Center and HCA mission that above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Striving to constantly provide evidenced based clinical care to patients, serving its community of patients and referring clinicians, and engaging its staff, patients, and their families in fostering innovation, education, and discovery. The Director works collaboratively with senior leadership, clinical department chairs, risk management, quality management, nursing, pharmacy, and administrative leadership to develop and implement a best-in-class hospitalâ€™s quality and safety program and to ensure regulatory compliance and accreditation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Collaborates with hospital and physician organization leaders to envision, develop, and implement the organizationâ€™s quality and patient safety plan
2. Oversees the direct operations of the QI/PS department at Summerville Medical Center
3. Organizes and staffs the hospital safety and quality committees and key strategic QI/PS initiatives
4. Facilitates, develops, and implement special projects as assigned by the AVP Quality
5. Oversees and performs quality measurement, public reporting, and pay-for-performance programs and initiatives, holding staff and departments accountable for achieving performance goals
6. Establishes quality measurement and improvement activities, including methods to track implementation of action plans following site surveys and critical events reviews, coordinating and managing all
7. Oversees reporting and communication of quality improvement initiatives, quality and patient safety awareness, safety culture survey administration, and recognition programs
8. Oversees, in collaboration with hospital epidemiologists, the hospital infection control program
9. Teaches quality and patient safety concepts to clinicians, providers, trainees, and other staff during orientation and in various educational settings.
10. Participates in root cause analyses and failure modes and effects analyses and debriefings
11. Assists with complaint and grievance resolution as it pertains to the program
12. Coordinates closely with clinical information technology and health information management to achieve organizational goals
13. Promotes a culture of safety, high-reliability, patient and staff engagement, and performance excellence
14. Develops, evaluates, and maintains quality dashboards and performance metrics
15. Supports and mentors providers, staff, students, and trainees with interest in quality and patient safety
16. Maintains current competency and expertise in quality and patient safety.
1. Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of South Carolina
2. Certification with CPHQ, CPHRM, and/or CPPS preferred
Education : Bachelor degree required. A strong candidate would also possess a Masterâ€™s Degree in Nursing or other appropriate postgraduate health science.
1. RN required with at least 5 years of relevant acute-care hospital experience in quality, patient safety, regulatory and accreditation, and performance improvement
2. Knowledgeable and experienced in Lean, Six Sigma, PDSA or other performance improvement methods, with record of successful improvement projects
3. Strong record of leadership, project management, collaboration
4. Demonstrated analytic and computer skills including use of statistical process control charts, with strong writing, problem solving, and communication skills
Last Edited: 04/16/2018