Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Serves a case management role, responsible for an assigned group of patients, typically geographically related and accountable for the oversight and overall management of the post-acute services in the home setting. Provides direct patient care and supervision of LPNs and HHAs in accordance with an established plan of care to address the patient needs, individual goals and physician ordered services. Responsible for care coordination with the assigned multi-disciplinary team and acts as the assigned patient's liaison with other related healthcare providers in the continuum of care. Ensures appropriate, qualified and timely patient care and documentation in order to meet patient needs and agency financial, operational, and quality goals.
*Weekend position Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hr. shifts 8:30 a.m- 8:30 p.m. Essential Functions
- Responsible for the daily management of an assigned patient caseload, ensuring timely care and documentation to meet the patent needs/services as prescribed in the established plan of care and per MD orders
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation from patient assessments in the home setting, telephonic contacts and/or related EMR information available.
- Analyzes the data to determine the issues and available resources to seek effective resolution. Identifies patients at high risk for re-hospitalization, falls and/or high utilization of resources that require additional intervention and case conferencing to ensure appropriate care and frequency of services mitigates risk and ensure high quality outcomes
- Prioritizes multi-issue, situations appropriate to the criticality of patient health and welfare, patient/staff safety and impact to effective, timely services
- Identifies barriers to situation/complaint resolution (i.e. language, literacy, psychological, etc) and follows-up with the appropriate resources or leadership to address timely and effectively
- Develops and provides oversight of a plan of care that is effectively communicated with the parties involved and supports quality patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Implements the identified plan, and directs the care coordination of a multidisciplinary clinical team approach, supervision of LPNs and/or HHAs involved in the care of the assigned patient caseload to promote health and safe outcomes.
- Performs ordered treatments, therapies, and/or procedures in accordance with State Nurse Practice Act and Home Health Conditions of Participation, JCAHO and agency policy and procedures.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of patient centered goals.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader. Valid driver's license and auto insurance required in State of residence. Personal vehicle required. The Region's Preferred Healthcare – in the Comfort of Home.
Home care at Carolinas HealthCare System allows patients in North and South Carolina to receive world-class healthcare in the comfort of their own homes. The team of experts at Healthy@Home provides compassionate care and advanced services outside the scope of a medical facility.
As part of Carolinas HealthCare system, Healthy@Home works with our patients' physicians to develop a personalized plan of care for individuals of all ages.
Backed by more experience, greater access, and more services than any other home care provider in the region, Healthy@Home is trusted to meet the needs of each of our patients in the comfort of his or her own home. Highlights of this awesome opportunity:
- Competitive Salary
- Patient autonomy
- Home Care Home Base Technology
- Employment with a great employer/perks
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer