Job Code: 00187-5486
This shift is Mon-Fri 8 hour shift with call.
Valley Regional Medical Center â€" Brownsville, TX Endoscopy Tech
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, Valley Regional Medical Center
proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley. Valley Regional Medical Center
is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
- 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
- Open Heart Surgery
- Womenâ€™s Services
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Wound Care Center
is currently looking for an Endoscopy Tech. Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of an RN, sets up and maintains a sterile field for minor and major surgical procedures applying special knowledge of asepsis.
- Applies specialized knowledge of specialized instruments, equipment, and supplies utilized in the operating room.
- Organizes instruments, equipment and supplies for easy access and maximum efficiency.
- Participates in a rotational call system to provide for continuous availability of patient services.
- Follows appropriate guidelines for setting up sterile field and instruments for designated procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving and lifting patients and equipment to prevent injury to patients and to self.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate notification of equipment malfunction and other problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow through until problems are addressed or corrected.
- Alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated.
- Participates in departmentâ€™s process improvement activities.
- Graduate from a Certified Scrub Technician Program; Certified from AST.
- If on the job trained, Minimum of five (5) years of current (last one year) working experience.
- BLS required
Last Edited: 04/05/2018