Job Code: 02531-84296
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogâ€™s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
Under the direction of the Manager of Non-Invasive Cardiology/Neurodiagnostics performs EEG studies, EMGs, evoked potentials, epilepsy studies and other related examinations according to established standards and practices at a high technical level.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for basic digital EEG. This includes familiarity with national, hospital, and lab standards for testing. Candidate will utilize the 10-20 system of electrode placement to include manual measurements, skin prep, and electrode application (paste and collodian). Demostrates proper knowledge of montage selection based on patient condition. At the completion of all studies, properly removes electrodes, clean patient/equipment, and documents all necessary paperwork.
2. Demonstrates critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly. Candidate can successfully trouble-shoot equipment and leads appropriately.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for proper set-up of long-term studies (Epilepsy) to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will be familiar checking the system during on-going recordings and transfer of digital data to reading station for interpretation by a qualified reader.
4. Demonstrates technical proficiency for set-up of ambulatory EEG to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will ensure proper and complete inservices for all patients on the use of all equipment. Candidate will transfer all data as necessary to the reading station.
5. Assists physicians to perform EMGs. Candidate will prepare the room and set up the necessary equipment, arrange for patient transport, and provide all necessary supplies for the procedure.
6. Will assist and/or train as needed in the performance of evoked potentials (VERs, BAERs, and SSEPs). Performs patient education about all procedures performed within the lab.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Preferred candidate would be a graduate of an AMA school of neurodiagnostics or a medical assistant course or its equivalent.
3. Minimum of one-year experience in a hospital setting performing neurodiagnostic procedures.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Preference will be given to candidates with registry from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. (REEGT).
2. CPR Certification.
Last Edited: 04/03/2018