Manage the Business Development function in a variety of ways including customer engagement; opportunity identification, qualification and capture; budget research and analysis; business strategy; and pipeline administration
Work across operating units within the business unit and division to: engage customer resource sponsors, program offices, operators and other stakeholders; help prioritize opportunities and investments; and facilitate capture and campaign strategy sessions. Work on specific capture opportunities to provide business development expertise and support to the capture managers in order to maximize the probability of win.
Work with the division Strategy and Program Development organization to analyze the pipeline against the long-range strategic and annual operating plans as well as identifying opportunities to grow the pipeline to ensure sustained year over year profitable growth. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally in support of the above.
Specific responsibilities include customer and stakeholder engagement; pipeline and new business portfolio management; opportunity identification and qualification, business case analysis, and business development support to capture managers. The customers that the successful candidate must engage is rapidly expanding to include all US services as well as international warfighting and acquisition communities. Successful candidates are expected to embrace and become skilled practitioners of agile business processes and tools. High performing candidates may also be assigned the responsibility of capture manager or key roles on campaign, capture or proposal teams.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or similar technical field plus 10 years of relevant business development, project management experience, civil service or military experience.
- Practical experience with US Department of Defense acquisition processes
- Must have a broad set of skills and knowledge of new and emerging Surveillance and Electronic Warfare missions and solutions. Examples missions include: swarms of attitable aircraft performing surveillance, EW, targeting and strike in a single sortie; distributed surveillance and EW using networks of ad hoc, composeable multifunction sensors, and multi-domain (air and space) collaborative networks.
- Must be able to effectively represent multifunction mission solutions, capabilities, and product lines to a broad set of customers and stakeholders across the DOD, international equivalents, and industry including explaining the operational benefits derived from the technical discriminators.
- Working knowledge of military avionic systems to include radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic and infrared sensing systems; networking and/or command and control systems; and military tactics, techniques and procedures
- Strong communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts and systems to customers at operational, programmatic, and executive levels to shape their decision process.
- The successful candidate must possess the ability to build and manage business development teams, particularly through influential leadership.
- The successful candidate must have a results driven attitude and a proven capability of working in a collaborative environment across distributed locations and organizations.
- Currently possess a SECRET Clearance
- Experience as operator or designer of electronic warfare, radar, ISR&T or military communications/networking systems
- Experience in performing and leading modeling and simulation activities to quantitatively illustrate system and mission performance
- Master's degree in business, engineering, national security studies or equivalent
- Working Knowledge of and experience with major US Department of Defense acquisition organizations, military planning/requirements organizations, and warfighting commands
- Experience in successful capture/proposal management and/or strategic planning
- Expertise in the application of agile processes to business operations, business development, and capture as well as the proficiency in the use of agile tools
- Currently possess or eligible for TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
**Job Category** : Business Development