Strategic, consumer-value-focused, and results-driven professional, offering comprehensive experience in sales and marketing, brand management, and profit and loss accountability. Knowledgeable of all aspects of CPG from the initial startup to completion. Equipped with verifiable cross-functional career path with experience in the R&D community through gaining an understanding of consumer behavior through marketing research. Armed with expertise in setting sales goals and strategies to ensure significant company growth; expert at adding a rare value to key businesses which resulted in successful branding.
CONFIDENTIAL | MT. LAUREL, NJ 2012 -PRESENT
Head of Marketing/Marketing Manager, Jun 2012–Present
- Expertly administer and develop marketing and communication strategies for the Dr. Oetker baking portfolio, Virtuoso frozen pizza, and Ellio’s frozen pizza brands in the United States along with all facets of marketing, reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer.
- Hold responsibility for the P&L, media planning and buying, campaign development, shopper marketing, category management, experiential marketing, social media, e-commerce, public relations, website management, as well as pipeline fill of new products, launches, and line extensions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on label management, marketing research, project management, as well as competitive intelligence and reporting.
- Maintained active engagement in Ellio’s brand acquisition with responsibilities including packaging update, baseline research and learning, as well as retailer communication and systems integration.
> Lead 2 direct reports in brand management and category management and lead the marketing annual operating plan for all brands.
> Expanded distribution from 8% to 36% in 4 years with a sales increase of 733% for Dr. Oetker frozen pizza, driven in part by structuring individualized shopper marketing plans with retailer partners.
> Reduced non-working dollars 84% and took charge in identifying overlapping competencies and conceptualized a new agency model which brought a collaborative team environment to discuss and annual analyses, key goals, and campaign ideas.
> Principle lead in the rebranding efforts of a worldwide flagship brand in the United States under an accelerated timeline with projected sales growth of 78% in FY2017, with YTD sales already +33% versus plan.
> Established strategic direction to marketing research plan and execution, photography shoot and final package designs as well as crafting and execution of selling story presentation for broker and retail partners with 100% acceptance.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY | CAMDEN, NJ 2000-2012
Senior Associate Brand Manager
V8 V-Fusion, May 2010–Jun 2012
Convenience Soup, Oct 2009–May 2010
Prego Italian Sauces, Apr 2009–Oct 2009
- Worked in coordination with sales team in optimizing trade plan and designing more efficient in-store activation which resulted in +8pt ACV and improved retailer compliance.
- Guided senior leadership through volume forecasting and inventory management, driving 96% volume accuracy, among 2 top brands at Campbell Soup Company.
- Created strategic and analytic projects for MBA interns while overseeing and evaluating their performance.
- Represented the brand connection to the Beverage Innovation Team, bringing concepts to execution through commercialization and development of integrated marketing plans.
> Drove $55MM net sales during the launch year of V-Fusion Smoothies and V-Fusion Sparkling Juices by leading the commercialization project and the development of an integrated marketing campaign.
> Identified $1.5MM in cost savings through investigation of internal processes and procedures.
> 17% increase in sales and mitigated distribution losses via launch of retailer-specific markeing plans.
> Drove 71% volume growth in a declining category; proposed the structuring of our brand platform leading to Prego Heart Smart with no cost implications, distribution gains, and category differentiation.
> Produced and introduced the Prego Veggie Smart and gourmet Wolfgang Puck Italian sauces, which leveraged proprietary technologies translated into a desired consumer benefits.
Associate Brand Manager
Prego Italian Sauce, Dec 2008-Apr 2009
- Employed knowledge of R&D, manufacturing, and consumer insights in introducing new product concepts.
- Worked in coordination with sales teams toward the optimization of trade plans and the generation of efficient and effective in-store activation.
- Cultivated internal and external co-branded partnerships to elevate Prego equity and broadened in-store awareness through dual placement in-store signage, couponing, and television, print, and digital advertising.
> Drove 96% forecast volume accuracy of two top brands at Campbell Soup Company.
Senior Manager Category Analytics, Pace Foods, Oct 2006–Dec 2008
Associate Manger Category Analytics, Pace Foods and Prego Italian Sauce, Dec 2004–Oct 2006
- Provided astute management to all analytical aspects of the business associated with multiple data sources of syndicated and consumer data to support the business strategy.
- Facilitated attitudes and usage study and Pace market structure resulting in a brand repositioning which led to Pace specialty salsa commercialization, a $18MM business in F09.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY | CAMDEN, NJ
Senior Research Associate, Ingredient Technology, Nov 2000–Dec 2004
INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS AND FRAGRANCES | DAYTON, NJ 1996-2000
Senior Food Technologist, Sweet Goods, Bakery, Confection, and Oral Care, Feb 2000–Nov 2000
Associate Food Technologist, May 1999–Feb 2000
Intern, Meat and Savory Flavors Laboratory, Sep 1996–May 1999
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION WITH DUAL CONCENTRATION IN MARKETING AND MANAGEMENT, 2004
Rutgers University-School of Business | Camden, NJ
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN FOOD SCIENCE MINOR IN FOOD CHEMISTRY, 1999
Rutgers University-Cook College | New Brunswick, NJ