A highly accomplished and motivated ICT professional with over 16 years’ experience managing complex Local Government systems, processes and services across counties. A strong track record in ensuring ICT system continuity and business resilience, disaster recovery and enhancing information security management practices. Has successfully managed and monitored delivery of 3rd party supplier services in partnership with Sopra Steria, Interoute, KCOM, BT, O2, Vodafone and Cloud Service providers. Most recently managed a diverse portfolio of projects part of a large digital & IT transformation programme, including EU procurement of VoIP Telephony services, Contact Centre, CRM, and deployment of innovative web and mobile technologies, MDM, GFE/BB for Work to facilitate ‘anywhere working’, ICT service delivery, contract and financial management.
IT Project Manager
Jan 2016 - Mar 2017
Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Council
ICT and Joint Transformation Programme (JTP) Project and Implementation Manager
Project Manager of JTP VoIP telephony and collaboration tools project including CRM and contact centre upgrade & replacement (value £460k), Sheltered Housing Scheme ICT restructure(s) programme (value £150k), MDM / BB for Work, Mobile App and ICT Infrastructure decommissioning projects.
- Successful Go Live of multiple Sheltered Housing Scheme sites following ICT infrastructure changes, making £150K of savings and efficiencies.
- Conducted impact assessment, feasibility study and reports to senior management for the provisioning and decommissioning of ICT services enabling effective decision-making and management of risk
- Managed £0.5million worth of contracts and supplier relationships for ICT services for upgrade and maintenance of the Council’s Voice, mobile, data and Web services ensuring best value for public money
- Managed high volume configuration and change requests, incident and problem management in relation to 3rd party supplier services improving resolution times, customer outcomes and key stakeholder relationships.
Deputy ICT Manager (Service Desk Manager), Head of Applications, Project Manager
Sep 2005 - Jan 2016
Kent, Sussex and Surrey Probation Trust (and CRC)
Ensuring continual quality service delivery throughout a series of Probation Trust mergers and the transition of the joint trust to new Community Rehabilitation Company status following government outsourcing.
Deputy ICT Manager (Service Desk Manager) Dec 13 - Jan 16
Managed ICT service delivery(Merger, Large Transformation Programme) for 1000+ staff located across two counties, project management of ICT decommissioning projects (value £600k+), mentoring and upskilling staff.
- Service Desk manager following a merger, successfully managing 26 sites across 2 counties including twelve 1st & three 2nd line resource, Project Manager of Desktop refresh, Web & Mobile applications
- Provided 3rd line support on service desk, configuration and change management, incident and problem management including escalation with HP Service-Desk to 3rd party suppliers
- Ensured continuity of operations through effective management and administrative support of probation ICT networks and services
- Created and implemented backup and disaster recovery control procedures for ICT for key business applications
- Designed and implemented control procedures for the purchase, development, installation and implementation of bespoke web and software packages on a government secure intranet infrastructure
- Developed, mentored and lead successful teams of up to 15 skilled ICT professionals
- Redesigned, automated and streamlined the processes for procurement of all ICT consumables for 26 sites across two counties, achieving cost savings of more than £26k annually
Head of Application Development Mar 12 - Nov 13
Project manager / developer (Large Transformation Programme) eProcurement solution (value £100k over 3 years) including systems analysis and design, HR and Finance web and software applications (health and safety, and online appraisal systems), maintenance and scheduling of service upgrade for server platforms.
- Developed and implemented web applications to enhance delivery of business processes which resulted in the reduction of time spent from 4 days to 1 hour per month
- Innovative design and development of applications, including bespoke development with internal and external with internal and external development teams
- Produced and circulated well-received and accessible training materials for staff and partnerships for key business processes, internal computer systems and bespoke applications
- Implemented organisational policies for procurement of hardware and bespoke software development providing the organisation with benefit to manage risk and acceptable level of governance
- Successfully managed internal and external stakeholders and supplier relationships
- Effective management and financial administration of £200k annual spend for procurement of hardware and software packages including the planning, scheduling of installation, upgrades and testing
- Project Manager MFD Print service, Desktop refresh, management of installation and configuration of Windows, Web and database servers
Project Manager Sep 05 – Feb 12
ICT project manager and technical advisor to senior management (Large Transformation Programme) for the purchase and implementation of iTrent HR and finance system (value £380k), testing and rollout of web and software packages into production, 20 sites across two counties.
- Delivered savings of £200k due to successful feasibility studies for the implementation of a new HR/Finance system, minimising risk of reputational damage to the organisation
- Successfully managed and delivered multiple web and software projects into production including two Intranets, case management systems, assistive technology solutions and web and database platforms
- Planned and scheduled rollout of software upgrades and testing of HR and Finance Systems (SAP, PPWin), Desktop refresh, Web and Mobile applications
- Effectively harmonised working practices across two ICT teams managing services across two counties
- Project Manager for three office closures, including relocation of staff, equipment and resources
- Effectively project managed the rollout of fibre optic broadband services for 20 sites across two counties
BSc (Hons) Business Computer System
Sep 2004 - May 2009
University of Brighton
Agile Project Manager (Practitioner)
Feb 2017 - Feb 2017
Sep 2014 - Sep 2014
Sep 2013 - Sep 2013
AXELOS Global Best Practice