**Position Title:** **Operator, Rotovac**
**Reports to:** **Production Supervisor**
**Location:** **Wichita, KS**
**Job Summary:** **Operates various Rotovac machines for the production of Liners within defined production specifications.**
1. **Performs a variety of tasks to produce various pieces using the rotovac machine. Judgment is required to maintain cycle speed and to produce quality products in compliance with defined production specifications.**
1. **Confirm and sign Rotovac buyoff prior to operating machine.**
2. **Initiate cycle start and remove part with excess plastic from frame. manually, after machine control device opens.**
3. **Separate and/or trim excess material from parts or purged material.**
4. **Maintain cycle time standard to meet production requirements.**
5. **Stack parts into racks or palletainers, moving or adjusting rack/palletainer as required.**
6. **Track good/bad parts produced.**
7. **Regrind excess plastic and unsatisfactory parts for reuse using a grinder.**
8. **Weigh parts hourly and continuously inspect for Critical to Quality (CTQ) elements.**
9. **Utilize 5S methods to maintain a clean work environment and follow Lean Manufacturing Principles.**
1. **Use of hand and portable tools including use of a knife, deburr tool and/or scraper blade. Use of cleaning tools such as brooms.**
2. **Responsible for quality of own work.**
3. **Responsible for notifying lead/supervisor with machine issues and material shortages.**
4. **Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance with site Safety Policies. Comply with all Coleman policies and procedures.**
5. **Ability to work a weekend schedule and overtime as needed.**
6. **Performs other related duties as required including but not limited to training for these processes.**
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
**Education and or Experience:**
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred or combination of related experience plus education. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, calculator and weight scale. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions presented in English.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred
**Personal Protection Equipment Requirements**
+ Safety glasses with side shields
+ Hearing protection
+ Slip resistant, closed toe, heal and side shoes
+ Thermal hand, cut resistant hand, arm and body protection
+ Sleeved shirts and long pants
+ Specific job duties may require additional PPE
Moderate to extreme working conditions due to noise level of work area, dust/dirt, and odors. Extreme temperatures during summer months.
**About The Coleman Company** – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Coleman, the number one brand in outdoor recreation products, is a dynamic, market-facing company known worldwide for outdoor recreation products that are simple, fun, and reliable. Coleman has been fostering the connections made between family and friends through outdoor activity for over 116 years, and we continue to push for innovation and integrity as new and exciting products are developed.
As a global company with offices worldwide Coleman practices operational excellence in everything we do, constantly looking to optimize worldwide logistics and move towards a global operations model that maximizes performance and customer satisfaction. Coleman Team Members have the chance to make a real impact in their careers and in our communities. With access to a vast network of resources. The opportunity for growth is here for those with the vision and the drive to be number one. To learn more about Coleman and our products visit our website at www.coleman.com
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.