Radiology Technician Diagnostic PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Radiology Technician Diagnostic
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides worldclassmedical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings. Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90thpercentile nationally.
The Radiology Technician Diagnostic performs imaging studies of various parts of the body to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injury.
- Positions and prepares patients for exams according to the type of procedure to be performed
- Performs procedures and assesses patients throughout and responds to patients needs as appropriate
- Completes appropriate documentation for each study performed
- Performs all computer and PACS functions
- Observes safety regulations and aseptic practice techniques to protect patients and staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of Universal protocols
- Uses professional judgment and critical thinking when performing procedures
- Participates in orientation and training of new staff members and instructs students during their clinical rotations
- Operates radiation-producing equipment and applies radiation-protection techniques to take radiographs in all environments including Fluoroscopy, the Operating Room, the Emergency Department, and portable exams
- Performs computed radiography functions throughout the medical center
Required Registration,Licensure or Certification:
- Current registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Current certification as a Radiologic Technologist by the Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)verification course, as specified in policy
Required Education or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
Preferred Education or Experience:
One year of experience in an Imaging Department
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Demonstrated computer skills
Demonstrated organizational skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.