We Are Hiring
LPN-Long Term Care - Assisted Living Nursing Unit A - Full-Time,Day - Via Christi Village Georgetown - Wichita,KS
8a-5p. Two week rotating schedule as follows: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. This is five shifts per week to include every other weekend. Paid call.
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We're the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension - professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Provides basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providerobtained within1 Month (30 days)of hire date or job transfer date.
- LicensedPractical/Vocational Nurseobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascensionis an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascensionparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)