Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a passionate and experienced social media marketing professional to join the historic Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington DC.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is one of the most exciting growing hotel brands in the United States and 2020 will see the 90th Anniversary of The Omni Shoreham. The role of Marketing & Social Media Manager will be a new one to the business. Situated in Washington DC, The Omni Shoreham is the resort hotel of the nation's capital and one of Omni's landmark hotels.
• Develop, manage and execute an annual marketing plan and budget.
• Develop and execute sponsorship opportunities to increase exposure for the business at a local, national and international level.
• Develop and execute resort PR plan and social media campaign.
• Develop and run social campaigns from concept to execution, with post campaign performance analysis.
• Create and distribute compelling social content across Omni's digital platforms, including new and emerging sites.
• Work alongside business executives, brand marketing team and our data analyst team to ensure that paid social content is optimized for best performance.
• Lead bi-weekly Marketing Meetings to initiate and manage hotel promotional opportunities.
• Assist in development and execution of promotions and packages for purpose of filling identified need periods and generating incremental resort revenue.
• Generate concepts for special events and activities to create memorable experiences for guests.
• Acting as a liaison between the on-property Marketing efforts and corporate brand team.
• Manage all direct mail, advertising creative, brochures in partnership with Corporate Marketing team Managing brand standards guides to ensure compliance.
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, on property, mobile, video and print.
• Carry out general positive engagement with commenters on @OmniShoreham content and social channels, including omnihotels.com, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• A bachelor's or master's degree in a marketing related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 to 10 years' experience in marketing related role, preferably for a luxury or hospitality brand.
• Proven track record in the luxury space.
• Proven track record of working alongside content executives, senior social media executives and data analysts to make sure that paid social content is optimized for best performance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record in content writing and editing.
• Strong financial skills including budget management and accurate forecasting.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and other relevant digital platforms.
We want to hear from you if:
• You are passionate about digital content, the social space and emerging trends.
• You want to develop a remarkable story and have the ability execute with flair.
• You want to work in a fast-paced environment, driving the team forward.
• You are able to work independently, but want to be part of an engaged, exciting team.
• You want to make a positive difference and create change.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .