Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To ensure the proper training and supervision of all Laundry personnel and to deliver prompt, courteous, cost effective service that complies with Omni standards.
- Checks in before associates come to work.
- Turns on/checks for on status of the iron and makes sure it is in good operations condition (wax, etc.)
- Checks all washing machines and dryers to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Sets priorities for the day for Laundry staff.
- Assign all Laundry associates to their stations when they check-in.
- Keeps count and records of all items processed.
- Personally supervises the spotting and washing of all stained linens/terry.
- Recommends linen to be converted to rags when necessary.
- Fills in a station with connective action if a Laundry associate is absent.
- Oversees the delivery of linens to Food & Beverage and guestroom floors.
- Responsible for the correct folding of all items. Sets priorities for the linen runners in loading and delivery to floors.
- Inspects all linen before it leaves the Laundry.
- Responsible for Laundry associate morale, absenteeism and daily production.
- Responsible for proper station rotation during the day.
- Responsible for communication with Housekeeping Assistant, Room Service Manager, Restaurant Manager, Convention Service Manager for all daily specials and weekly/monthly requirements.
- Attends weekly forecast and operations meeting.
- Responsible for all monthly linen inventories.
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly payroll, chemical and assorted operating costs. Prepares weekly schedule based on business demand.
- Before leaving each day, make sure all areas are clean, safe, and hazard free and linen is covered and everything securely locked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years progressive Housekeeping or Laundry Management experience in an upscale, full service hotel.
- Prior experience managing service recovery and associate relations matters required.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to train, develop, and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal guests and courteously solve internal requests
- Able to set priorities for the laundry team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies and pars preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Ability to frequently bend, squat and reach overhead.
- Ability to operate all commercial laundry equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds intermittently, and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull laundry supply carts and other objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .