Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
Assists with the management of all functions of the Human Resources department, including training, benefits management, workers compensation, and recruitment with a strong focus on employee relations, in accordance with Omni standards.
- Participates in planning and execution of associate events planned by the Human Resources Department.
- Develop associate communications network within the hotel, via bulletin boards, department communication boards, posters and flyers.
- Act as liaison to management for all associates.
- Manages and leads all training programs.
- Clearly and accurately document all associate issues on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains associate Personal Time Off Program within the hotel.
- Coordinates salary administration and review process.
- Meet with union business agents to prevent labor relation issues.
- Ensure hotel management in is compliance with various CBAs regarding union positions.
- Has excellent knowledge of Benefits Administration, Benefit and Employment Law, ERISA Law, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation Law.
- Ensures Leave of Absence Policy is adhered to, tracked and that correct documentation and action is followed by departments and associates.
- Develop and/or participate in Staff Training initiatives, including monthly management training in accordance with the Omni Training Matrix, and departmental service training .
- Works with departmental management to ensure that Safety Training is alive and well in departmental meetings, stand up meetings, and in the consciousness of each hotel associate.
- Collaborates with Risk Management to ensure timely and accurate incident/accident reporting. Responsible for ensuring proper use of forms, medical services and reporting standards to insurance company.
- Controls the check book accounting for the Human Resources Department by monitoring expenditures and ensuring that the department stays within budget on a month to month basis.
- Champions Omni Six Pillars Culture on property, and enthusiastically promotes opportunities within the hotel and company.
- Manages associate benefit file system to Omni Standard and ensures accurate documented enrollment for all eligible associates.
- Monitor unemployment insurance claims and actively work to reduce claim liability through detailed documentation and hearing compliance.
- Conduct pre-screening of line/management position applicants to include administering the Predictive Index and to explain to management.
- Develop networking contacts and coordinate local job fairs with local colleges.
- Conducts exit interviews for all terminating associates and ensures final clearance and pay check distribution.
- Manage HRIS to ensure compliance with applicant flow log, I9's, background & reference check, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 2 years Human Resources Management experience required, employee relations strongly preferred
- Must be flexible with schedule to include some weekends, holidays, extended hours.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Products.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coach, counsel, advise, mentor, and motivate associates and managers at all levels.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .