Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To provide proper training and supervision of all personnel including assistant managers and supervisors. To insure prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. To ensure the overall success of the restaurant and bar by guest satisfaction surveys and utilizing financial controls.
- To consistently insure the maximum guest satisfaction while dining in the restaurant and bar.
- Pre-meal meeting conducted with service staff on a daily basis.
- Supervision of floor during operation.
- Insure that service personnel follow service protocol including steps of service.
- Monitor timing of guest experience.
- Handle all complaints to the guests' satisfaction.
- Maintain a consistently smooth running operation.
- Make the Front of the House staff weekly schedule.
- Ensure Kitchen, stewarding and cashier staff are on duty as scheduled.
- Ensure the side-stations are fully stocked with equipment.
- All side-work complete and checked out by the manager.
- Making sure the beverage machines are functioning properly.
- Ensure station rotation in seating.
- Assist in seating or service of guests as necessary.
- Coordinate all functions in dining room during service.
- Monitor productivity of service staff.
- Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Making sure special boards and/or descriptions posted accurately.
- Continuously check food quality and presentation coming from kitchen.
- Maintain food displays during service.
- Monitor guest satisfaction and comments regarding food and service.
- To be familiar with clients so that there is constant recognition of all repeat guests.
- Review reservations on a daily basis and check against the VIP list from the front desk.
- All special attention details handled properly.
- Maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Ensure the staff's uniforms and appearances meet specifications.
- Make sure tabletops are set to specifications, and during service, constantly inspect tabletops, side-stations and tray stands.
- All menus inspected daily by hostess.
- Make sure all equipment in good condition and clean.
- Make sure work areas are being maintained neat, orderly and clean.
- All lights and music adjusted appropriately for each meal period.
- To contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness.
- Constantly perform positive up-selling techniques with service staff.
- Expedite table turnover and table resetting.Implement sales promotions and merchandising programs.
- Be familiar with all beverage-related procedures and equipment and assist the cashier when needed.
- Know and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Be familiar with and enforce all policies related to liquor liability laws.
- Perform any and all other duties assigned and/or required by management.
- 2 years of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be Food Handler and TIPS certified.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .