We Are Hiring
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation Anc 001 - PRN,Day - St. V Evansville Health System - Evansville, IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. VincentHealth System-IN, you will have the opportunity to implementand supervisephysical exercise programs for patients.
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Plans and teaches exercise therapy for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen. Monitors patient's response and revises plan accordingly.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise. Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking and education classes.
- Ensures department equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and functioning correctly. Prepares develops and maintains various files, records, reports; schedules patient appointments as required.
- Provides oversight to department activities in the absence of the manager.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)obtained within6 Months (180 days)of hire date or job transfer date.American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Athletic Trainercredentialed from theIndiana Athletic Trainers Board.
- Certificationspecializing inSports Medicine.
- Exercise Physiologistcredentialed from theAmerican College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)