Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
The Diplomatic Sales Manager will achieve monthly room night goals in this grand and historic hotel by developing and implementing sales action plans, maintaining positive interdepartmental communications and completing special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Fully develop relationships with all DC foreign embassies for the purpose of generating business transient room nights and revenues and exceed budgeted goals from this segment.
- Additionally, attend to Corporate Business Transient Accounts, including Consortia Accounts, in order to achieve room night and revenue goals in this segment.
- Maintain weekly telephone and outside solicitation as well as client presentations.
- Implement weekly schedule of site visits at the Hotel for embassy delegations.
- Track all accounts and their monthly production.
- Participate in weekly marketing and rooms merchandising meetings, monthly sales meetings, stand up daily and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain relationships with appropriate Omni Global Sales executives.
- Attend monthly BT conference calls with corporate office.
- Yearly training with corporate office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have at least 5 years of sales experience or relatable experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Lanyon a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Bi/multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Four year college degree, hospitality degree preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .