Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
Responsible for daily set up, maintenance, action stations, and breakdown/clean up of buffets in the dining room, as well as bussing and setting tables, and delivery of food to tables.
• Responsible for thoroughly and efficiently washing dishes, pots, cookware and utensils in compliance with Omni's high sanitation standards
• Responsible for breaking down trays from banquets and the outlets
• Responsible for delivering clean cookware and serving ware to various outlets and meeting rooms
• Prepare food ready to eat by placing in the appropriate bowl, tray or serving vessel.
• Assist in the plating of food and the movement of food and equipment to the appropriate function space at the appropriate hour. Maintain all coffee maker/urn in a clean , safe and secure manner
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work station
• Ensure required service equipment is clean, polished and available for use at the required time and at the required location.
• Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the back-of-the-house in accordance with the Department of Health.
• Responsible for neatly storing all dishes, cookware and utensils in their proper locations
• Protect equipment and food at the conclusion of events by moving items back to the kitchen for breakdown, cleaning and storage. Ensure service to the next days events will be seamless by organizing and allocating supplies and equipment the day prior.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Most work tasks are performed in a commercial kitchen, where the environmental conditions vary widely ranging from sub zero temperatures to well above normal room temperature. Heat and humidity may increase seasonally dependent upon outdoor weather.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
• Must be able to move items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. routinely.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
• Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel or other areas of the kitchen on a timely basis.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .