Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To provide for the acquisition of food, beverage, and general purchases at maximum economics based on business activity. The Purchasing Manager acts as a liaison between individuals in the hotel and resort and supplier representatives in the procurement of goods and services required to achieve the objectives of each department.
- Directly supervise the Purchasing/Receiving staff through delegation of work tasks to achieve set objectives.
- Attend all Food and Beverage and related meetings such as menu tie-down, weekly forecast and Financial Services.
- Maintain close communications with Chef and Catering Department on requirements for future menu events to evaluate menus against Par Inventories in determining necessary requirements for outlets and banquet functions.
- Establish and maintain training tools for subordinates to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the Purchasing process and applications such as: product familiarity, receiving and storage standards, EOM reconciliation of Food and Beverage inventories, EOM Accounts Payable closing.
- Coordinate with vendor to set up site visits of their facilities to aid key personnel in Purchasing and Storerooms as a training tool to improve basic knowledge of commodities used.
- Counsel and make, as needed, assessment of present and/or new associate job performance to determine what specific training is required to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate vendor performance in compliance to Purchasing bid procedures. Monitors vendor ability to provide timely and consistent quality according to established specifications.
- Maintain close communications with Corporate Purchasing offices for placement and follow-up on quarterly and annual order requirements.
- Attend area hotel and restaurant shows and seminars to establish new vendor relations and learn of new products and ways to improve present operation.
- Manage weekly bid process to ensure the best prices are being obtained on frequently purchased items.
- Coordinate weekly wine, liquor and beer purchases, ensuring compliance with state liquor laws. Establish and maintain requisition procedures for alcoholic beverages that guarantee maximum control over inventories.
- Work daily with Accounts Payable to ensure Birchstreet is accurate and up-to-date.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience as storeroom attendant in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Above average Computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time, stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (Including weekends and holidays).
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must remain professional in all situations.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .