Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one's career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, "Hibiscus Huddles, "in honor of our company logo.
To ensure maximum operating efficiency by assisting the Director of Front Office with the oversight of operations relating to the Front Office. Resulting in high levels of guest satisfaction and associate development.
- Ensure that Four Diamond standards and a consistent level of guest satisfaction are met.
- Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously by Front Office staff (proper posting of staff, grooming standards, MOS standards being followed).
- To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist; ensuring all needed reports and checklists are run and completed.
- Understand and perform cash handling processes, ensuring each cashier is maintaining bank according to standard.
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies, including familiarity with all hotel amenities and local attractions.
- Control Parking Procedures and postings to guest accounts ensuring parking revenue.
- Enforce blocking strategy of Good Night's Rest policy
- To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to Front Office SOP's.
- Possess a thorough familiarity with the Select Guest and GHA programs. Provide required SG and GHA training to staff.
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
- Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits and handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest.
- Effectively engage in the service recovery process, handling all guest concerns efficiently and to the satisfaction of the guests.
- Continued training done with all associates - conducting four Moments of Service on each associate, per month.
- Participate in issue prevention meetings and respond to alerts in Opera according to direction of management.
- Communicate all hotel, guest and group information to associates on a daily basis.
- Become familiar with all hotel operating systems and programs.
- Assist with weekly supply inventory and order front office supplies and uniforms.
- Assist with rate discrepancy report.
- Assist with balance reports and credit check reports daily.
- Adhere to all Systems and Controls of the Front Office, and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assist with the creation of schedules and monitor staffing levels according to business cycles.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Front Office line associates.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and complete performance evaluations.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (one training hour per month and meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
- Maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for personalized, quality service and the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year Front Office Management experience required.
- Previous leadership experience in an upscale, full service hotel environment is required.
- Strong understanding of front office hotel procedures and practices required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to stand for the entire scheduled shift.
- Customer service oriented, ability to multi-task, detail orientation, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Four year college degree, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Property Management Systems and related computer programs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .