We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Renal Dialysis Unit - Full-Time, Night - St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville, TN
Come be part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative, and feels like a family. We are proud to have a successful and growing Renal Transplant Team, as our associated nursing unit cares for both donors and recipients. As a 7B nurse, you will be specially trained how to care for the renal transplant patient as well as Peritoneal Dialysis. We care for a variety of patients and collaborate with surgeons and specialists to ensure the best outcomes.
The mission and values of Saint Thomas West is well established, and fosters a caring environment felt by both staff and patients. Come be part of an organization that gives you a voice and the opportunity for career growth within the health care system!
Why Saint Thomas Health?
Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.100% of our nursing leadership were on the floor at Saint Thomas prior to becoming leaders!
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
What You Will Do at Saint Thomas West:
As a Registered Nurse, you could serve in the top heart hospital in the State and top 50 in the country.
- Comprehensive Cardiovascular Program
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- Truven Top 100 Hospital 14 Consecutive years
- Kidney Transplant Program
- Robust Robotic Surgical Program
- New 14 bed ICU in development in a 100+ ICU bed hospital
If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to providedirect nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- LicensedRegistered Nursecredentialed from theTennessee Board of Nursingor current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- Prefer1 year of hospital bedside experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Healthparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)