Currently seeking associates for the 1st, 2nd shift & 3rd shifts for a cold warehouse in Ontario, California! Schedule may include weekends and overtime.
* Feed unwrapped bars into flow wrapper machines and wrapped bars into cartons
* Conduct visual inspection of finished product prior to packaging
* Advise line supervisor of on-going quality, i.E. Size, color shape and weight discrepancies
* Dispose of non-standard products into appropriate waste bins
* Remove light weights and irregular products
* Check for appropriate code date on wrappers, labels, and cartons
* Assist with packaging on other lines as required
* Assist with the packing of Variety Packs
* Assist with the training of new packers and temps
* Abide by Plant Rules and Regulations as described in the Employee Handbook.
* Complete tasks and projects as required by the company
* Must work overtime as needed.
* Notify Group Leader of any suspicious personnel or incidents occurring that relate to plant security.
* Support changeovers as required between products.
* Fill out all paperwork as required.
* Perform quality check as outlined in the key checkpoint matrix
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment
* Maintain a high level of sanitation and GMPs
* Other duties as assigned.
* Competency in English
* Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
* Strong multi-tasking skills
* Food industry experience preferred
* Basic math skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to interpret instructions finished in written or oral form
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Food Safety & Quality
* Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOPs
* Accurately completes require Food Safety & Quality Records
* Communicates any known or suspected Food Safety/ Quality issues to the Q.A Manager and Department Manager.
* Attends all Food Safety/Quality training sessions
Physical Requirements: The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, Requires the employee to stand for long periods of time, walk, frequent lifting of material up to 50 pounds and frequent twisting, turning, reaching, pushing and pulling use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear.
Work Environment: Work is normally performed in a warehouse/production environment As part of the job requirements employee may be exposed to work in a production setting and cold temperature (45 degrees) at times, Facility regularly processes known food allergens including peanuts. Must be flexible with work schedule that supports a 24 hour production facility.